Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Meet The 99 Year Old Woman Who Graduated From College (See Photos)

Meet 99 year old Doreetha Daniels who has achieved her dream of graduating from college after receiving her associates degree from the College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita, California.

Daniels who first started taking classes in 2009 had set a goal to get her degree before she turned 100. The great-grandmother became the oldest graduate from the college since 45 years it was founded.
Doreetha Daniels says the reason for going back to school isn’t that profound: It’s simply because she had nothing else to do.

    “I was tired of my hobbies,” she said. “I’ve been through ceramics. Stain glass. Painting. Jewelry making.”

Daniels said she planned to celebrate her accomplishment with her family and friends and hang her diploma on the wall knowing that all her hard work has paid off.

    “I did it. I did it,” said Daniels, who will turn 100 next April.'

No comments: