Friday, July 14, 2017

I’ll hurt Mayweather with my power – McGregor

  Conor McGregor is looking to knockout Floyd Mayweather as early as possible, insisting his opponent will not make it past the fourth round.

Both fighters are currently on tour to promote their crossover fight, slated for August 26 in Las Vegas.

McGregor has never boxed professionally before, but he is hoping his knockout power will be an advantage.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if the first shot cracks off his temple and he goes down. He won’t see round five,” McGregor said, predicting a similar outcome to when he knocked then UFC pound-for-pound No 1 Jose Aldo out in just 13 seconds.

McGregor continued: “Floyd saying he’s going to knock me out is the funniest comment of the whole tour. I hope he comes for it and I hope he brings it. I’ll be prepared for anything and anticipate whatever he brings.

“I’m in great shape, that’s why I’m not wearing a shirt. I’m in shape to fight right now. I don’t have a nick on my body right now. I’m going to be 100 per cent on fight night.

“I have a very high fight IQ. I understand when to go and when not to. Only me and the opponent can see these details. I’m very confident whether it’s in a ring or an octagon.

“The rounds are two minutes shorter than I’m used to and there’s a lot less action than I’m used to. He’s going to feel like he’s wrestling a bear when we tie up for the first time. He’s too small. I’m going to have my way with him

No comments: