Saturday, June 27, 2015

Femi Kuti Reacts After Two Band Members Flee During His 2015 USA Tour!

Afrobeats maestro, Femi Kuti, finally opens up on the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of two of his band members in the middle of his recently concluded 2015 USA tour.

Speaking exclusively with Nigeria’s biggest entertainment and lifestyle magazine; RELOADED, the Africa music legend revealed his disappointment over the misconceptions peddled by his friend, Lekan Babalola justifying the shameful actions of his band members. He said,


    “When Lekan Babalola insinuates I am not paying anybody in my band well, or the person is disgruntled for whatever reason and the person abandons me in the middle of a tour, there’s no justification for it. That is pure Nigerian evil mentality. We always want to find a reason to do bad things. You want to leave my band, why must you use my visa money?”. 
Speaking on how long these band members have been with him, Femi furthermore stated,

“Two of them have been with me for nearly 10 years and have been touring with me all over the world from Australia, Europe, France etc. Before you went on tour, you knew how much your money was, why didn’t you confront me and dignify your conscience as a man that your money wasn’t enough”.
In his response to Lekan Babalola, he continued,  

“First of all, you are my friend. You know me. I have kept my band and been in the business for 3 decades. One thing I say to my musicians is that, if you are singing a political song and you are corrupt, the Europeans will quickly find you. If I was stealing the money I was making in Europe or America and not paying my boys, the white people will quickly find me out. You cannot be where I am and be corrupt”. 
On turning the unfortunate incident around, he added,  

“In two and a half weeks, I will be traveling to the UK and as God will have it, my son plays the bass very well. Now luckily for me, because of my mother, he has a British passport. I don’t need to get him a visa. He is also on holiday, so who will play the bass for me? My son! So sometimes, you feel everything is against you….” but voila!
Watch out for the full interview in the new issue of RELOADED out in August.

More updates on :

Instagram- Reloadedmagng
Facebook-Reloadedmagng

 

No comments: