Friday, February 27, 2015

Please Confess To Use If You Have Killed Our Son - Parent Of 17 Year Old Boy Tells Police

         64 years old father of Aliu Oladeni, the 17-year-old teenager said to have been detained by the Igando Police Division for more than eight months, has pleaded with the police to tell him if they have killed his son so he could accept his fate.
Sunday Oladeni, on Thursday said he had become bankrupt because the police had continued to collect money from him with the promise of releasing his son, adding that he had also not stopped borrowing with the hope his son would return alive.

Punch Metro had reported on Wednesday that Aliu was taken to the Igando Police Division by his family, after a mob thronged their residence.

The mob had arrested a robbery suspect, Rasak, who reportedly mentioned his name as one of his accomplices in the operation.

Our correspondent reported that the police took custody of the 17-year-old and allegedly demanded money from the parents for his bail.

The former Igando Divisional Police Officer, CSP Benjamin Osuji, was alleged to have collected over N160, 000 from the family through one Mr. Charles, who introduced the family to him.

It was reported that eight months after, the Oladeni family had not been told where the teenager was and efforts by the family to find him had proved abortive.

Aliu’s father, Sunday, said, “The police have yet to get in touch with me. I am afraid that they may have killed my son, and if so, they should let me know instead of all the trouble I have been going through.

“The police have collected so much money from me and I am fed up. One asked for N50,000 recently and I had to beg him to take N35,000.

“I have borrowed over N230, 000 on this case. I am in a lot of debt as we speak and I am fed up with life.”

He appealed to well meaning Nigerians to help him mount pressure on the authorities to come out and explain what had happened to his child.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Lagos State, Kenneth Nwosu, had yet to reply to a text message sent to him on the matter."

No comments: