Saturday, April 30, 2016

Benzema And Ronaldo To Miss 2nd Leg Match Of The Champions League Against Manchester City

 Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane has revealed Ronaldo and Benzema will be out of this weekends clash, and could miss the match against City.
Ronaldo is out with a hamstring injury, with Benzema also suffering from the same injury.
But Zidane conceded that Benzema and Ronaldo may ultimately miss out on participating in the reverse fixture against City at the Santiago Bernabeu next Wednesday.

“The most important thing is to recover them as soon as possible to play on Wednesday, tomorrow both players won’t play,” he said.
“They are going to do the most to be ready for Wednesday.
“I care about the players injured, and we want to have them recover quick, but I will not talk about this. We have a game tomorrow and that’s the most important.
“I’m worried every time we have an injured player. Now the most important thing is that to fully recover, we can not risk with Karim or Ronaldo, they are injured. The idea is that both can return to the team as soon as possible.”
Zidane refused to put a timescale on when he expects to see Benzema and Ronaldo back, though he did admit he believes the former will be 100 per cent fit to face City.
“I can not get into many details because I am not a doctor,” Zidane added. “It can last 7 days, 6 days, 8 days … I do not know.
“I think he’ll [Benzema] be at 100% on Wednesday. I care how it works and improvement. I don’t think you can say that his season is over.”

No comments: