Friday, June 9, 2017

Lamar Odom’s daughter,Destiny, says his marriage to Khloe Kardashian was ‘Toxic’

  Destiny Odom, beautiful daughter of former basketballer, Lamar Odom, has spoken up about her father’s relationship with Khloe Kardashian, and she calls it ‘toxic’.
Speaking with People yesterday, the 18-year-old detailed the tumultuous period, how that affected her relationship with her peers, and the struggle to rescue her dad from drugs.

“I feel like we tried. I tried for my dad. I wouldn’t say it was a matter of my dad loving Khloé more than me. I think that my dad has an addictive personality, so he was addicted to the attention he got with Khloé more than me. It was a very toxic relationship,” Destiny said.

Recall that Lamar and Khloe’s relationship ended months after he recovered from a near-death experience following drug abuse. Many people have blamed the basketballer’s fall from grace to his relationship with Khloe Kardashian.

And speaking with People, Destiny said she suffered bullying at school, from her mates and from friends.

“The bullying started when he married Khloé. There were regular snide comments at school. And when his addiction became public, then it became a social media thing. Even people that I thought were my friends were staying stuff on social media. It was humiliating,” she said.

Now, she is rebuilding her relationship with her father, adding that the near-death experience changed him.

“I basically gave him the ultimatum that it was rehab or me not speaking to him anymore. I think that hit him really hard. Two years ago he was completely in denial about using drugs,” she said, adding, “Now he’s a lot more open, and he’s a lot more apologetic. I feel like we’re trying to get our communication going, but it’s definitely one step at a time.”

No comments: