Saturday, July 18, 2015

63 year old jailed for life after infecting 10-yr old step-daughter with HIV

A 63-year-old retired soldier, Mr.Alabi Ibrahim, has been sentenced to life imprisonment after he defiled his 10-year-old stepdaughter and infecting her with HIV.Ibrahim committed the crime in 2012 at his residence

In his judgment, Justice A.A Akinyemi of the Ogun State High Court in Abeokuta, said :..

‎"The court is convinced about the girl's testimonies. She is intelligent and remained consistent during cross examination. She does not seem to have been tutored. I find her evidence credible.""I am fully convinced that the accused had repeatedly had sex with the girl.

I found the accused guilty as charged. I find it not in my mind to show any mercy. The man is shameless, sleeping with mother and child. People like him need not to be in the society. I therefore sentence him to life imprisonment. He should, however, be given access to reasonable treatment."

‎The accused counsel Adebola Okudoro, prayed the court to temper justice with mercy in its judgment,arguing that the allegation against his client was unfounded and


No comments: