Saturday, October 17, 2015

Vin Diesel Pays Tribute To Paul Walker By Naming His 3 Daughter Pauline (See)

Vin Diesel so much loved Paul Walker and now he paid a lasting tribute to lost friend Paul Walker by naming his third child Pauline.

But Fast & Furious star Vin Diesel has now told the touching story behind the choice, explaining that his co-star’s name didn’t leave his head when he signed the register for his daughter’s birth.

The 48-year-old actor made an emotional appearance on The Jonathan Ross show on Friday night, which airs on Saturday, and broke down as he talked about his ‘brother’.

    Explaining Paul’s advice when he was expecting his first child, Vin recalled: ‘I can remember just like yesterday he said that to me, “A lot of tough guys will tell you to wait in the hallway, don’t go in the delivery room,”

    ‘[He said] “But Vin, go into that delivery room, be present and cut that umbilical cord and it will be the best day of your life.”‘
    ‘And so I did that and it was the best day of my life and so six months ago when I was blessed to be in that same situation, I couldn’t help but to remember Paul and his advice.

    ‘As I’m cutting the umbilical cord, I’m thinking to myself it’s all because Paul Walker told me togo into the delivery room and so once it came time to sign the name, I started writing “Paul” and then just added I-N-E.’

Vin described how Paul had known instinctively that his Paloma Jiménez, with whom Vin now has three children, was pregnant as they filmed the first of the Fast & Furious franchise.

    He said: ‘Now when I think about it I feel blessed that I’m able to carry on and talk about how wonderful a person he was and how special a person he was. He’s really the best of us, he was that selfless and he was such an important figure in my life.’

The actor arrived on the ITV set for Jonathan’s returning chat show in a pair of dark shades, admittedly prepared to conceal his emotions if the topic of Paul came up.

He candidly described the moment his mother told him there had been a fatal car accident involving Paul in November 2013, right in the middle of filming for the seventh film in the franchise.
Vin even revealed that he had contemplated taking a year out of the movie business to grieve after the 40-year-old much-loved actor but had been brought out of an early retirement by his latest film, The Last Witch Hunter, when producers secured British actor Michael Caine to take part.

The last film, Fast & Furious 7, paid tribute to Walker with an emotional ending but Vin revealed that there will be three more films for fans to look forward to yet.

Revealing an insight into the eighth upcoming movie, Vin added that it would be filmed in New York City this time around.

Vin wasn’t the only of Jonathan’s high profile guests to grace the sofa on Friday night, as he prepared for a big return to screens on Saturday.

Photo Credit: DailyMail

No comments: