Thursday, March 17, 2016

The Glory Of Barcelona Isn’t On Messi Alone – Jose Mourinho

 Former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has said Barcelona’s success is down to their teamwork and not just Lionel Messi’s ability.
Barcelona booked their place in the Champions League quarterfinals after they beat Arsenal 5-1 on aggregate, with Messi on target at the Camp Nou on Wednesday.
Messi, 28, is considered the star of Luis Enrique’s team, with the Argentina international scoring 37 goals and assisting 15 in 37 appearances for the European champions this season.

But Mourinho told BT Sport: “First of all it’s about individual players. Just to give you an example, Messi won the Champions League with three different managers.
“I think it’s easier to win with him, than against him. I am a football team manager. I know that sometimes people think that the individual is more important than the team.
“But when I feel that it is time for me to take a permanent holiday — I still think that the team is more important than anything.
“But the obvious reality is that there are some players who can make a difference.”

No comments: