Friday, March 24, 2017

Woman who got rescued by Police today for Attempted Suicide on 3rd Mainland Bridge Reveals why she decided to Jump Into Lagos Lagoon (Read)

  The 58-years-old textile dealer who was rescued by the operatives of the Lagos State Police Command today Friday, 24th March, from jumping into the Lagoon at the popular Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos, has spoken out.

It was gathered that she was in a taxi heading towards Oworonshoki on Third Mainland Bridge when she told the taxi driver to stop on the bridge. She was about to jump into the lagoon when a police patrol team on a routine patrol sighted her and rushed to save her before she jumped into the Lagoon.

While explaining her reason on why she decided to end her life by herself, PM News reported thus;

"Mrs Taiwo Momoh, the 58-years-old woman who was rescued by the police on Friday from jumping into the Lagoon from Third Mainland Bridge to commit suicide said her indebtedness to the tune of N18.7 million to her Swiss partner forced her to want to end her life."
She noted that her problem started sometimes in 2015, when a BDC operator carted away her N18.7m she wanted to change to pay her creditors. Her condition, she said, became compounded when robbers invaded her shop, carting away most of the textiles that was left with her.

Mrs Momoh who is a member of RCCG, emphasized that most of the time, she has been having sleepless nights and seeing the ghosts of the creditors whenever she was alone.

She disclosed further that on several occasions she had attempted to see her Parish Pastor to identify with her problem and for the church to help her raise money. She noted that she was only allowed to see the second in command, which has yielded no fruits.

“Added to all these, my first son, whom I felt would stand by me and console me abandoned me. I don’t want to use my debt and death to disturb anybody. The problem is too much for me to bear. I want to go back to God. That is why I have dressed very simply. I am ready to meet HIM. If He cannot address my problem on earth, let me go back to Him," she said.

No comments: