Saturday, March 28, 2015

Former President Obasanjo Gets Accredited, Warns Against Post-election Violence(Photos)

The former president of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has called on Nigerians to maintain peace after voting for candidates of their choice.

He made the call on Saturday at African Church Grammar School, Ita Eko in Abeokuta after he was accredited by the officials of Independent Electoral Commission INEC, for the election.

Obasanjo said that conduct of election is a constitutional issue which takes place every four years to elect people in the country adding people should go through the ritual without crisis.

On the issue of card reader, the former president said he encountered no problem, “what I have gone through is very okay. They checked my card, my finger print and they said it was okay and that I should come back and vote.”

“I have come to my polling station and what I have seen is satisfactory. I have talked to a few people here in Abeokuta who have been in their own polling stations and have done the accreditation waiting for time to vote, they also reported satisfactory report. I will appeal to all Nigerians to maintain this type of peaceful satisfactory process that we have had so far here in Abeokuta.”

” There should be no violence and disturbance in performing your civic duty and responsibility, when the officials are there, make sue you do your accreditation and cast your vote. I do hope that what I have seen here in my own polling station and what has been reported elsewhere in Abeokuta, will be the way it will go throughout the country.”

No comments: