Friday, August 7, 2015

Couple who survived Tunisia terror attack split up due to trauma

A couple who survived the Tunisian terrorist atrocity broke up when they came home because they couldn’t get over the emotional ordeal that followed.
Jessica Williams, 26, was on the beach with her ex-boyfriend when Seifeddine Rezgui began gunning down tourists in Sousse.
Ms Williams told Wales Online they had booked the holiday a year before going and had loved it up until the horrific events on the beach.
Despite having survived the attack, Ms Williams, from Blaenau Gwent, said she is still traumatised by what happened and shortly after returning from Tunisia she and her former partner split up.
She said:
“We were going to get married but we were too traumatised and unable to help each other through it.”
Ms Williams said she was sunbathing on the beach reading her Kindle when she first heard the gunfire that signalled the start of the massacre.The nursing assistant said:
 “I stood up, looked around and could see there was sand flying up.People started screaming. Every gun shot I heard was someones life.I saw a man from the entertainment crew waving people up the beach.”I started to run and saw my boyfriend at the time in the sea.”There was nothing I could possibly do so I just ran. I felt shocked.
After becoming separated from her partner, Ms Williams ran back to her hotel room at the Royal Kenz.She said she felt awful but that her automatic reaction had been to run.
“I had left my boyfriend and didn’t know whether he had been shot or was ok,” she said.
 It was like all of your worst nightmares rolled into one, you had no control of the situation.”
Ms Williams partner arrived back at their hotel room and she said they waited for 45 minutes while the gunfire went on outside the hotel.
 “When he walked round the corner it was the biggest relief of my life.Ive never been so happy to see someone.”I just looked him up and down and made sure he wasn’t hurt.
“We stayed in the room and the gunfire and commotion went on for 45 minutes before I could hear police sirens

No comments: