Saturday, August 15, 2015

Last few days I’ve been in a moral bind': Drake decides to ‘follow his heart’ and make impassioned plea to ‘his generation’ after fateful shooting at his Toronto festival party

Two lives were lost when gunshots erupted at an after party for his music festival in Toronto on August 4.

And now Drake has finally addressed the shooting in a heartfelt statement, where he extended his ‘deepest condolences’ to the families of the deceased.

‘The last few days I have been in a moral bind,’ the 28-year-old admitted in his statement when he spoke of the tragic incident, which also left three people wounded.
He continued: ‘I am used to the fact that my life and the things I say to my fans are‎ closely watched. It’s tough in situations like this where there’s a tragedy and I consider the advice of my trusted advisors and counsel who worry that anything I might say could be misinterpreted.
‘However, today I am choosing to follow my heart.
‘I am plagued and pained by the violence that continues to escalate in our city. I stare into the eyes of so many young people and I wish to see them all shine as bright as they possibly can in this lifetime. I encourage my generation to show as much value and gratitude as you can for the lives we have been gifted.
‘My deepest condolences go out to the Navarro-Fenoy and Hibbert families for their loss of Ariela and Duvel. Along with them I send my condolences to all of the families that have lost loved ones to the senseless violence that has and continues to occur in our city.
‘Although Toronto is globally viewed as a major city, at the core we are still a small close-knit community, and it is our public responsibility to ensure the safety and wellbeing of one another. We need each other to further our communities for generations to come.
‘I pray for better times and better understanding.’ 
Two people were killed and three others were injured after shots were fired Aug. 4 at the crowded Muzik nightclub, after Drake’s OVO Fest.
Police said they are looking for two suspects in the shootings.
It remains unclear whether Drake was in the club when the shooting began at about 3 a.m. Duvel Hibbert was gunned down inside Muzik club in Toronto in a targeted attack. Police have refused to answer that question and Drake didn’t address it in his statement.
At a news conference earlier in the week, Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders was repeatedly asked about Drake.
He said investigators have received very little information from the thousands of people who were at the club that night who might have been witnesses. Saunders said he wanted people to ‘do the right thing’ and talk to police.

 Source: DailyMail


No comments: