Friday, April 28, 2017

‘My wife sent Armed Robbers after me’ – Nigerian man cries out

 A 60 year old Nigerian man named Mr. Atanda Adejumo, has urged the Ifako Ijaiye Customary Court to dissolve his 24-year-old marriage to wife, Ololade, because she was fond of sending armed robbers after him.

Adejumo also accused Ololade of trying to kill him once. According to him, he had to move out of his own house to a rented apartment, after he was robbed several times in house at new Oko-Oba.

During the last robbery incident in July 2014, he said he jumped from the window of his one-storey

building after the robbers came. Adding that he was surprised his wife didn’t bother to stop him from jumping.

NewTelegraph also reports he was also angry that his wife dragged away their daughter, who made an attempt to stop him from jumping.

According to Adejumo, he eventually jumped, got injured and spent several months in the hospital.

He said:

“I was scared and I couldn’t think straight at that moment. I told her I would jump to the next building. I expected her to try to stop me, but she didn’t.
Rather, she dragged away our child who was saying ‘Daddy don’t jump.”

It was later that I found out that she and her daughter went to hide under the staircase. If they had told me before, I wouldn’t have jumped.”
But Ololade said she begged him not to jump, even held his clothes, but he refused and jumped. She said:

“The robbers came for the ‘Yahoo boys’ staying downstairs, not us.”

No comments: