Thursday, April 27, 2017

The 7 Principles i followed to be a Great man – Obasanjo makes important revelation

Former president, Olusegun Obasanjo has revealed the seven principles he followed in his life that has made him who he is and what he has achieved.

Daily Post reports that Obasanjo made this revelation in the appreciation and acceptance speech he delivered at the ongoing annual session of the Nigerian Baptist Convention in Abuja on Wednesday, April 26.

He said: “Permit me to confess publicly, as I did at the program put together by the three Lagos Baptist Conferences, that whatever I am today have been by the grace of God and the Baptist training that I was priviledged to have received early in life through the Sunbeam, the Royal Ambassadors, Baptist Boys High School, Abeokuta, Sunday School and Church Training.

“I have been guided throughout my public service by these Baptist principles of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, fairness, inclusion, boldness, order, mutual respect, and integrity. I can say I am the better for it today.”

“I therefore urge us to to note the importance and influence which the church and its various training programmes are capable of exerting on our children in their formative years. We should never take with levity the character-moulding programmes for our young ones which had been enduringly beneficial to us.”

“Let me also say for avoidance of doubt that in all the instances where I was said to have assisted or helped in securing one thing or another, the normal and proper procudures were still followed

No comments: