Saturday, February 21, 2015

How We Stole Toyota For And Sold It For N50,000- Suspected Robbers

            The suspect, 32-years-old Samuel Chukwuokike, A notorious car snatching syndicate terrorizing motorists in Enugu State and its environs has been apprehended by the operatives of the Anti-Kidnapping Squad of Enugu Police command, from Ohaozara in Ebonyi State snatched his victim’s Toyota Camry at gunpoint along Mount Street, Agbani road axis of Enugu on September, 2014.

When Saturday Vanguard interviewed the suspect at Anti-Kidnapping Squad office situated along Abakiliki road, Samuel revealed that he snatched the Toyota Camry,1999 model and sold it for N50,000.
His words:

    ”I came to Enugu from Lagos, having tried my hands in trade and other businesses but to no avail. My plan was to travel to South-Africa to sought greener pastures. But my challenge was that of finance. “I needed N250,000 to make the travel to South-Africa. It was at a beer parlour called ‘Isi-ewu joint’ in Keyattha street axis of Enugu that I met Jackie.

Jackie was the one who contracted me to snatch a car for him. He assured me that he will buy the car once I snatched it from a victim. “On that fateful day, I contacted my friend Ike, having acquired a locally made pistol with two live cartridges from the owner of a ‘bunk’ where I go to smoke Indian Hemp. We set out around 9PM. It was along Mount Street that we met our victim.

    “He parked his car and was talking with somebody when we swooped on him. I quickly brandished the gun I pulled out and ordered him to surrender the key. He quickly did and we drove off to Prisco Hotel, Abakiliki, Ebonyi state. Jackie had told me to bring the car at the hotel and collect N250,000 for the car.

    “We arrived Prisco hotel around midnight and met Jackie. He gave me N50,000 and told us that it was night and that it was the only money on him. He promised to pay the balance of N200,000 in two days. Jackie later fooled us. He did not pay the balance and his phone stop going through. I later snatched another Golf 3 but before I could find a buyer, the Police arrested me.”


No comments: