Friday, September 25, 2015

Drake Addresses Ghostwriting Rumors:- I’m Not Ashamed

Meek Mill’s allegations that fellow rapper Drake uses ghostwriters sparked up the biggest hip-hop beef and social media buzz of the year.
With the beef now a thing of the past and both rappers back to their status quo, Drake has finally opened up on the allegations.

In an interview with The Fader, Drake admitted that sometimes he needed people to jumpstart him.

“I need, sometimes, individuals to spark an idea so that I can take off running,” Drake said to the magazine.

“I don’t mind that. And those recordings—they are what they are. And you can use your own judgment on what they mean to you.”

The Canadian rapper stated that his 2 diss songs, Charged Up and Back To Back, were to clear any doubts people might have about his lyrical skills.

“Given the circumstances, it felt right to just remind people what it is that I do in case your opinions were wavering at any point.”

Drake said music had a “collaborative” nature, and he didn’t see anything wrong with it.

“I know that it takes me to execute every single thing that I’ve done up until this point,” he said in the interview. “And I’m not ashamed.”

No comments: