Friday, October 30, 2015

He Has No Responsibility At Manchester United - Furious Van Gaal Hits At Scholes

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has hit back at club legend Paul Scholes in the wake of the latter describing the Red Devils’ style of play as “boring”. Scholes criticized United’s approach under the Dutchman, claiming he did not feel entertained when watching his former side.

But Van Gaal responded to the ex-England international’s comments by questioning what responsibility Scholes has at the club.
“You have an expression,” he told reporters, “I always use Dutch expression but you have a fantastic expression for that – ‘sticks and stones can break my bones but names [words] will never hurt me.’
“Fantastic, fantastic expression. You do understand the meaning of this?
“[Scholes] doesn’t have the responsibility, so he can say everything. Why he is saying something? For the benefit of the club or the benefit of himself?”
Van Gaal also questioned why Scholes had chosen to air his views publically rather than taking his concerns to an employee of the club.
“I don’t want to defend myself because I cannot defend, because he is a legend and he has a lot of resonance, so I hear.
“I think when you are a legend, you have to speak with the manager or his friend, Ryan Giggs, or Ed Woodward, but not this way, because he will be paid by the BBC or Sky.
“When Scholes thinks I should go, then I go but he is not a responsible man, he is not the Glazers or Ed Woodward.
“I know when we shall lose and lose and lose, I shall be finished, but I shall do everything for this club because, as I have already said, this club is unbelievable.”
Manchester United go into Saturday’s clash with Crystal Palace fourth in the Premier League table, just two points behind joint-leaders Manchester City and Arsenal.


Source: Goal

No comments: