Friday, October 23, 2015

“I Haven’t Found The Right Man” – Genevieve Nnaji Reveals

Nollywood super star, Genevieve Nnaji, has opened up on producing her own movie and why she is still single. In an interview with Punch, the actress explained why it took her  long to venture into film production. Genevieve just produced her own film, ‘Road to Yesterday.’

“I chose to be an actress. Acting was what I had always wanted to do. I don’t think that I ever imagined myself producing a film. I love acting. If the Nigerian movie industry was as stable as it should be, I probably would have been on the set of a movie every day of my life and not be bothered about what goes on behind the camera. So it is a matter of choice and preference,” she said.

She also revealed why  new faces were introduced, aside Majid Michel and Ebele Osaro, “It is part of our effort to open up Nollywood to more newcomers and to create opportunities for people who are very talented and who have the passion for this job. This is why we have somebody like Ishaya Bako in the team.”

When asked why she was still single, Genevieve simply explained, “I haven’t found the right man yet. When he comes, I’ll get married.”

No comments: