Wednesday, December 24, 2014

A Lucky Dead Man Wakes Up Moments Before Cremation

Singh’s family around him as grief sank in

     Just when it seemed that there was no way back and nonexistence was the only option – a 72-year-old ‘dead’ man came to life screaming on the funeral pyre, Bhilwada, India.


“I know I can be a bit of a pain at times, but I hope they wait till I am actually dead before trying to set me on fire again,” Deepak Singh said.

According to the pensioner’s grandson Banda Nalwa, one day his gaffer woke up in the morning ready to feed the cows and suddenly fell over. The young man immediately ran up to him but couldn’t see any signs of life.

He couldn’t feel a pulse and gran-dad’s heart seemed to have stopped forever. He called the rest of the family and they agreed that their beloved relative passed away. A local doctor examined the body and pronounced Mr Singh dead.

After awhile all funeral arrangements were made and a big family gathered to grieve and mourn the deceased. His body and cloth was laid out on wood and almost set on fire when he spectacularly woke up avoiding being burnt alive.

Nalwa added: “As the volume of the wailing increased I suddenly saw my grandfather’s body move. At first I thought it was my imagination, but then he opened his eyes and sat up. Thank God we didn’t set the pyre alight as it seems he had just fainted.We were very lucky.”

Realising the mistake, Nalwa and his uncle quickly helped the old man off the pyre. Now he is in a stable condition and recovering.

Funeral pyre, is a structure, usually made of wood, for burning a body as part of a funeral ceremony or execution in some traditions. As a form of cremation, a body is placed upon or under the pyre, which is then set on fire.

No comments: