Friday, January 8, 2016

Caitlyn Jenner Cancels Speaking Tour

Caitlyn Jenner has canceled her 5-city speaking tour. “Unfortunately those dates conflicted with another work commitment,” her rep confirmed with PEOPLE on Thursday.

Jenner was previously scheduled to travel to Vancouver, Denver, San Francisco and Seattle on her Up Close and Personal tour starting Feb. 22 in Toronto, Canada.

Most recently, the transgender activist delivered an inspiring speech at a special screening of the new film Tangerine in Los Angeles on Monday.

“After the last nine months that I have been ‘out,’ I have learned so much about this community,” Jenner shared.

“I was totally isolated. I obviously couldn’t ‘out’ myself for so many years, and then I got to a point in my life where I really felt like I really had to live my life authentically, and as who I was, and maybe by doing that I could make a difference, but this is a process of education.”

The reality star also emphasized that she herself has so much more to learn and do. “We have a lot of momentum in the trans community, but we have to keep that momentum going,” she continued. “We have to bring this in front of the public.”

No comments: