Saturday, November 15, 2014

Woman Cursed With Growing Legs Told She Cannot Be Cured


                                  A woman, Claire Tickle has been told that she doesn’t have a cure for her growing legs. She discovered that her limbs were ballooning and doctors have been unable to help her get better.

She was diagnosed with lipoedema which is an incurable condition makes legs, buttocks and thighs become enlarged.

However, her hope lies on a new type of liposuction treatment being trialled, which she hopes will become available on the NHS soon.
She told presenters Amanda Holden and Phillip Schofield: 'I was 16 when I noticed I had an elastic band effect around the bottom of each leg.

‘I went to my GP who looked at them and said I had water retention and to go away and try some dieting, which I did.
‘I lost loads of weight off my torso but not off my legs. It was getting bigger.’

The only treatment known to work is called tumescent liposuction but this is not currently available on the NHS.
‘I gave up in the end,' she said. 'I was told I was fat all the time,’

‘As soon as I got my legs out for him to have a look at the eczema, he recognised straight away what was wrong with my them,' she recalled.
From the minute I get up, to the minute I go to bed, I’m in pain. I’m even in pain in my sleep.’

‘I’ve got a young boy who’s six years old. I haven’t been able to do things that mums do and get on the floor and play.
‘I can’t run around in a park with him, I can’t get on a bike.’


No comments: