Saturday, December 26, 2015

NDLEA Arrests Drug Traffickers With Truck Load Of Cannabis Disguised As Biscuits & Cheese Balls

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) intercepted a truck load of cannabis disguised as biscuits and cheese balls. The discovery of the drug weighing 3,542.25kg was made by officers and men of the Agency in Ogun State along Odeda axis. Two suspected cannabis dealers conveying the drugs, Ihenacho Chinweuba, 27, and Uche Enuosa, 33, have been arrested and the truck impounded.

NDLEA commander in Ogun State, Mr. Bala Fagge said that the shipment was meant for consumption in Ogun and Lagos States. “A white Mercedes Truck with registration No: Lagos KJA132XN was intercepted along Odeda axis of Ijebu-Igbo, Ijebu North Local Government of the State.

“The truck carrying biscuits and cheese balls was found to contain two hundred and ninety five (295) big bags of dried weeds of cannabis sativa weighing three thousand, five hundred and forty two point two five (3,542.25) kilograms.  Two suspected traffickers were immediately apprehended and are currently assisting further investigation,” Bala said.

Ihenacho Chinweuba, 27 years old, who hails from Nsiala-Ngwa Local Government, Abia State and one Uche Enuosa, 33 years old from Asaba, Delta State said that they were to distribute the drugs in Ogun and Lagos States when they were arrested by anti-narcotics officers. The cannabis was neatly arranged in the inner part of the long containerized truck while the outer part was filled with more than three hundred (300) cartons of Biscuits and Cheese Balls to cleverly evade arrest by Security Agents. The suspects in their statements blamed their involvement in drug trafficking to joblessness and desire to earn money for the end of year celebration.

According to Uche, “I am a plumber but due to lack of work I decided to drive the truck. I have no savings and the only way I can travel home this festive season was to engage in cannabis business”.

Similarly, Ihenacho said that he was desperate because he is married and had to provide for his family. “I am married with children. I have not bought anything for my family this end of year season. It was joblessness that made me to deal in hemp. All my hope was on this cannabis shipment because I know that if we were successful, I would have made my family happy this season. The cartons of biscuits were to hide the drugs but it is unfortunate that we were arrested and my entire dream has shattered,” he stated.

No comments: