Friday, November 13, 2015

Messi will win the Ballon d’Or this year - Cristiano Ronaldo

The Real Madrid star says last season was the best of his career but that he still expects the Argentine to be crowned the world’s best footballer.  Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted he thinks Lionel Messi will win the 2015 Ballon d’Or but is confident he can win the accolade again in the future.

The Real Madrid star has won the Ballon d’Or for the last two years but feels Messi, who won the treble with Barcelona last season, is the favourite to win the award this time around.
“This kind of trophy depends on votes and Messi won competitions,” Ronaldo told ITV. “He won the Champions League and La Liga.
“We share this stage at Fifa for eight years. No-one did that in the past, only us. So it’s good, I have a good relationship with him. We are not old friends but we respect each other.’
However, Ronaldo is confident he can win the title again in the future and says he expects to keep playing at the top level for many more years.
“Well I’m still young, I think… I think I can [win another Ballon d’Or],” he added.
“I want to play six, seven years more and I think I’m still able to win collective things because if you don’t win collective things, you cannot win individual awards.”
“In terms of individual [performances] I probably did the best season of my career, which is good. I was the highest scorer in Europe.

No comments: