Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Dwayne Johnson Gifts His Uncle A Brand New Pick-Up Truck For Christmas

Over the weekend, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson took a break from daddy duties to thank a man who played a vital role at the start of his wrestling career– his uncle, Tonga  In a touching Instagram post on Sunday, the Rock, shared the story of how Tonga – who he has known since he was five years old – helped him when he first tried out for the WWE.

“I’ll never forget what he did for me when I had nothing,” Johnson wrote in the caption of the photo.
“[I] called my Uncle and asked if he had ANY trunks I could use for my tryout. He said all I have is a pair of shiny purple trunks (purple was his signature color),” he wrote. “When I picked the trunks up from him I’ll never forget the monster hug he gave me, look me in the eyes and said, ‘I’m so proud of you. Go get ’em nephew!”
The accompanying photo collage included a picture from Johnson’s first match in Corpus Christi, Texas, in front of 15,000 people where he’s sporting his “lucky purple trunks.”  Now, many years later, the Ballers actor bought his uncle a brand new pick-up truck as both a thank you and a merry Christmas gift.
“We walk outside and I said ‘Uncle how do you like my truck?’ He said, ‘Whoooaaa nephew it’s beautiful… I love it!’ I said “Good ’cause it’s yours.’ He was speechless,” Johnson wrote. “Thru tears (manly of course;) we monster hugged.”

No comments: