Saturday, December 5, 2015

Nigeria Female rapper 'Eva' Reveals On Why She Performs With Snails – They Are Like My Back Up Band

Female rapper, Eva, is known to have an eclectic sense of fashion, and she doesn’t conform to the norms when it comes to her music and style.
However, fans and critics alike were shocked and surprised when the ‘Deaf’ rapper began appearing with snails on stage.
Trust your favourite Showtime, we caught up with her and sought to know the secret of her new-found love with the mollusk.

In her words, ‘Err…I love eating snails. I also perform with them on stage because they’re like a back-up for my  band; that’s how it started, but as I began to do it, I learnt something from their philosophy of life, and it’s that we should take things with ease as we are blessed and inspired to, and not to be in so much hurry every time. Being slow is not all that bad, we need to relax sometimes. I have been using this philosophy all my life, and it’s paying off. If something doesn’t happen fast, you should chill because it will definitely happen later.’
The make-up artiste also shared her reason for naming her forthcoming album ‘1960’ Hear her, ‘I think it’s because I’ve been independent all my life. I went out on my own from the age of 16; asides that, I’m a very stubborn human being, in a good way though. 1960 is synonymous to Nigeria’s independence, and my mom was born in 1960 as well, so it’s sort of a mini-dedication to her. I only hope my song touches people because if not, then it’s not music to me.’
Source: Vanguard

No comments: