Thursday, December 10, 2015

Sad! Building Razed By Fire In Ekiti (Photos)

A building was gutted by fire yesterday evening at Surulere street, along Ora road, Ido Ekiti, in Ido / Osi local government area of Ekiti state.

The cause of the inferno, which, according to an eyewitness, started around 6:15pm,could not be ascertained as at the time of filing this report. The three rooms apartment was reported to belong to one Mr Samuel Olofinbiyi.

Recounting his ordeal, Mr Olofinbiyi explained that a distress call was put across to him by some neighbors and was helpless when he got there. According to him: “I was called that my house has been gutted by fire. When I get there, I met my neighbours, who have been assisting in putting off the fire before my arrival, but,all efforts were to no avail as the house was completely burnt to ashes. My wife and I are civil servants and we have obtained loan to complete this building up to the tune of N5million. I ‎am begging the state government to come to my aid, so that they can deliver me out of this problem.”
The house before the inferno
He called on government and well meaning individuals in the society to come to the aid of his family.

The victim’s wife, Mrs Bola Olofinbiyi, who is a staff of Oye local government council, ‎said she has lost all her vital documents in the inferno, appealing on well to do Nigerians to come to their aid.

“I can’t say precisely how the fire started, all I know is that the house has been razed down by fire. I ‎am seeking help from the government and individuals to safe me out of this problem,because this is the only cloth that left with me,” she explained

Recently, the mechanic village located in the Agidingbi axis of Lagos state was gulped by fire, which destroyed 23 vehicles, generators, computers and gas cylinders.

No comments: